dimanche 13 janvier 2008

Paris winter sale

Michelle - Fortunée's owner - promised me to find a seamstress who could make alterations to my wedding gown and scheduled my next fitting a couple of months later. She reminded me to have the lingerie and the shoes I intended to wear for my wedding day by then.

Paris sale season happens to be in January and early February every year. I figured that it was a perfect timing to get the lingerie I needed. Why paying full price when you can have it for half or even quarter price, right? True that I could have taken a pleasure shopping out from the latest collection in a chic boutique in Paris 8th quarter away from the sale crowd but we needed to balance our budget with the additional community room we had to rent. So I chased away the little voice in my head whispering the once-in-a-lifetime excuse.

Being of extremely small sized in underwear, I planified my whole Saturday for the hunt. I dragged my husband-to-be for the expedition knowing exactly that it would be fun - kind of test for him and revenge from my part from his cruelly unromantic proposal - because he hates shopping and especially for lingerie. He always gets red - sort of the face you have after exposing it for at least an hour under a fiery sun - whenever we pass less than 10 meters away from a lingerie department then he behaves as if it were an accident that he arrived there.



After running around Paris lingerie shops, asking countless times for a literally non-existing size, and fighting out hysterical Parisian women to find our way, we were finally rewarded for our bravery. I found a guépière and a matching panty of my size in the sober-but-sensual style I wanted and we could finally went home feeling relieved - especially my husband-to-be.

Aucun commentaire: