mercredi 3 janvier 2007

Art nouveau

Most girls dream of a romantic wedding proposal as it is supposed to be the most important moment of their entire womanhood existence. And I do, like other normal girls. Unluckily, my husband-to-be is not in the least a romantic person nor capable of pretending to be one, not even for once in his - and mine - lifetime.

Instead of a wedding proposal, our wedding begins with a reckless "negociation":

Me: "... geez, you know that you are starting to loose your hair?"
Him: *humpf*
Me: *teasing* "At this speed you will have a big clear space on your head on our wedding pictures."
Him: "Then we'd better get married soon!"
Me: *amused* "You are panicking because of your hair?"
Him: "I want to have my hair on my wedding picutres! Besides, you are getting to be an old girl also. It's been what, six years in a couple of months, that we live under the same roof. Don't you want us to get married?"
Me: "Do you?"
Him: "Well, I do if you do, I just want you to be happy."
Me: "Oh yeah, so now it is for me. I am asking you now do you want it? Because I do but I want you to want it also to do it."
Him: "Okay, then let's get married."
Me: "What? Now?"
Him: "Well, not now like now. What about next summer?"
Me: "You are not expecting me to prepare a wedding just in a couple of months!"
Him: "Well, do we need more time?"
Me: "Definitely yes."
Him: "When do you think we can have it then?"
Me: "The next summer after next year?"
Him: "Okay, then we'll get married in summer 2008."

I must admit, however unromantic I am - my friends say that in the scale of 0 to 10, my degree of romantism is about on level 4 - still I found the "proposal" - more like a negotiation to me than a proposal - really surealistic and perhaps a bit pathetic. On the other hand, knowing very well my husband-to-be after 6 years of sharing the same bathroom, I knew what was in store for me. It is so... him.

Later on, when I saw how Mr.Big proposed to Carrie, I was literally rolling on the floor. It was exactly like that - minus the prelude. If the film had been relased before our conversation, I would have swore that my husband-to-be were copying it! Luckily, in our version, my husband-to-be showed up on time on our wedding day and waited for me docilely.

It was in beginning of December 2006. We announced it later, on Christmas, to the whole family.

Aucun commentaire: